- Clinician of the Year
- Outstanding Scientific Achievement for Clinical Investigation Award
- Clinical Student Research Award
- Dennis W. Jahnigen Award
- Edward Henderson Award
- AGS New Investigator Award
- Nascher/Manning Award
- Humanism in Medicine Award
- Outstanding Junior Investigator of the Year Award
- Outstanding Junior Research Manuscript Award
- Outstanding Junior Clinician Education Manuscript Award
- Outstanding Junior Clinician Educator of the Year Award
- Outstanding Mid-Career Clinician Educator of the Year Award
- Scientist in Training Award
- Geriatrics Recognition Award
Dennis W. Jahnigen Memorial Award
Dennis W. Jahnigen, MD (1947-1998), was acclaimed as an extraordinary teacher, receiving numerous awards from students and faculty. In 1998, the AGS awarded him the Milo D. Leavitt Award to recognize his distinguished career in geriatrics education. Dr. Jahnigen's clinical skills and heartfelt, compassionate concern for older adults continue to flourish in the many students who have benefited from his teaching and mentorship.
Purpose: This award is given annually to an AGS member who has provided leadership to train students in geriatrics and has contributed significantly to the progress of geriatrics education in health professions schools. Teaching expertise as well as educational program development is valued in the selection of the recipient for this honor.
Nomination Process: Nominations must consist of a letter of nomination, at least one additional letter of support from colleagues, and the nominee's curriculum vitae. The nomination letters should specifically address how the individual's accomplishments relate to the purpose of the award.
Award: Travel expenses to attend the Annual Meeting.
Click here for the nomination form or call the AGS office at (212)308-1414 for more information.
Past Recipients of the Dennis W. Jahnigen Memorial Award:
2014 Elizabeth K. Tanner, PhD, RN
2013 Gail Sullivan, MD, MPH
2012 Leo M Cooney, Jr., MD
2011 Sharon A. Levine, MD
2010 G. Paul Eleazer, MD
2009 Samuel C. Durso, MD, MBA
2008 Rosanne M. Leipzig, MD, PhD
2007 Steven R. Counsell, MD
2006 Kenneth Brummel-Smith, MD
2005 Harvey Jay Cohen, MD
2004 Terry T. Fulmer, PhD, RN, FAAN
2003 William Hall, MD, Rochester, NY
2002 Gregg A. Warshaw, MD, Cincinnati, OH
2001 Evelyn C. Granieri, MD, Pittsburgh, PA
2000 David B. Reuben, MD, Los Angeles, CA
1999 John R. Burton, MD