AGS Education & Clinical Resources on Diabetes
This online resource has been developed to promote awareness and assist healthcare providers in managing Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Older Adults. Below is an online compendium of AGS resources and information on Diabetes, which pulls together information from various AGS products & programs such as the 7th edition of The Geriatrics Review Syllabus and 2012 edition of Geriatrics At Your Fingertips.TM
AGS Educational Resources & Clinical Tools
- American Diabetes Association/American Geriatrics Society Consensus Report on Diabetes in Older Adults
- Diabetes Chapter from the AGS Geriatrics Review Syllabus
- GRS Teaching Slides on Diabetes
- Geriatrics At Your Fingertips – Diabetes Mellitus
Practice Improvement Activities from Other Organizations
- ABIM Diabetes Practice Improvement Module
- University of Pennsylvania Type 2 Diabetes Performance Improvement CME
Public Education Resources
- Original Evidence Tables from AGS Clinical Practice Guideline: Diabetes Mellitus in Older Persons
- 2012 Updated Evidence Tables
Select Paper Abstracts from the American Geriatrics 2012 Annual Scientific Meeting
- Yau, C. K., Eng, C., Cenzer, I. S., John Boscardin, W., Rice-Trumble, K. and Lee, S. J. (2012), Glycosylated Hemoglobin and Functional Decline in Community-Dwelling Nursing Home–Eligible Elderly Adults with Diabetes Mellitus. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60: 1215–1221.
- Thorpe, C. T., Thorpe, J. M., Kind, A. J. H., Bartels, C. M., Everett, C. M. and Smith, M. A. (2012), Receipt of Monitoring of Diabetes Mellitus in Older Adults with Comorbid Dementia. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60: 644–651.
- Erickson, S. C., Le, L., Zakharyan, A., Stockl, K. M., Harada, A. S. M., Borson, S., Ramsey, S. D. and Curtis, B. (2012), New-Onset Treatment-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus and Hyperlipidemia Associated with Atypical Antipsychotic Use in Older Adults without Schizophrenia or Bipolar Disorder. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60: 474–479.
- Davey, A., Lele, U., Elias, M. F., Dore, G. A., Siegler, I. C., Johnson, M. A., Hausman, D. B., Tenover, J. L., Poon, L. W. and for the Georgia Centenarian Study (2012), Diabetes Mellitus in Centenarians. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60: 468–473.
- Ferrer, A., Padrós, G., Formiga, F., Rojas-Farreras, S., Perez, J.-M. and Pujol, R. (2012),Diabetes Mellitus: Prevalence and Effect of Morbidities in the Oldest Old. The Octabaix Study. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60: 462–467.
- Woodard, L. D., Landrum, C. R., Urech, T. H., Profit, J., Virani, S. S. and Petersen, L. A. (2012), Treating Chronically Ill People with Diabetes Mellitus with Limited Life Expectancy: Implications for Performance Measurement. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60: 193–201.
- Lee, S. J. and Boyd, C. M. (2012), Diabetes Mellitus Performance Measures in Individuals with Limited Life Expectancy. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60: 361–363.
- Lee, P., Chang, A., Blaum, C., Vlajnic, A., Gao, L. and Halter, J. (2012), Comparison of Safety and Efficacy of Insulin Glargine and Neutral Protamine Hagedorn Insulin in Older Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Results from a Pooled Analysis. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60: 51–59.
This toolkit was supported by a grant from sanofi-aventis.