- Evaluate Job Opportunities
- Find a Mentor
- FIT Newsletter - January 2014
- Member Benefits for Trainees
- Student & Resident Chapters
- Useful Resources
SUMMER INSTITUTE IN GERIATRIC MEDICINE
Boston University Medical Center
May 19 – May 23, 2014
Sponsored by BOSTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE and the AMERICAN GERIATRICS SOCIETY with funding provided by the NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON AGING
This week long conference will provide medical students, who are entering their 3rd or 4th year of medical school in 2014 with an opportunity to gain exposure to academia and research in geriatric medicine.Activities include lectures, seminars, and case discussions as well as site visits to research and clinical programs.Faculty members will include nationally recognized academic geriatricians and other individuals pursuing research in geriatrics and gerontology.
The goal of the Summer Institute is to stimulate interest in pursuing careers in academic geriatric medicine and geriatric research.
Eligibility: Applications will be accepted from students who are entering their 3rd or 4th year of medical school in 2014 Applicants must have U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status.
Students will be selected based on:
- demonstrated strong interest in geriatric medicine, as reflected by curricular and extracurricular involvement;
- evidence of prior interest and involvement in clinical or basic science research;
- a letter of recommendation from a faculty member; and
- the content of a one-page essay that addresses career goals and how participation in the Summer Institute will further them.
Financial Support: Full financial support is available.
Applications must be received by January 31, 2014 . Successful applicants will be notified by February 7, 2014 ** CLICK HERE to download PDF Application (to be printed and mailed in)
For more information please see the 2014 SUMMER INSTITUTE FLYER.