- 2015-2016 Fellows-in-Training Section Chair Election
- Evaluate Job Opportunities
- Find a Mentor
- Trainee Newsletter
- Member Benefits for Trainees
- Student & Resident Chapters
- Useful Resources
SUMMER INSTITUTE IN GERIATRIC MEDICINE
Boston University Medical Center
May 23 – May 27, 2016
Sponsored by BOSTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE and the AMERICAN GERIATRICS SOCIETY with funding provided by the NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON AGING
This week long conference will provide medical students, who are entering their 3rd or 4th year of medical school in 2016 with an opportunity to gain exposure to academia and research in geriatric medicine. Activities include lectures, seminars, and case discussions as well as faculty precepted home visits. Faculty members will include nationally recognized academic geriatricians and other individuals pursuing research in geriatrics and gerontology.
The goal of the Summer Institute is to stimulate interest in pursuing careers in academic geriatric medicine and geriatric research.
Eligibility: Applications will be accepted from students who are entering their 3rd or 4th year of medical school in 2016. Applicants must have U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status.
Students will be selected based on:
- Demonstrated strong interest in geriatric medicine, as reflected by curricular and extracurricular involvement;
- Evidence of prior interest and involvement in clinical or basic science research;
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member; and
- A one-page essay that addresses career goals and how participation in the Summer Institute will further them.
Financial Support: Full financial support will be provided.
Completed applications must be received by January 8, 2016 . Successful applicants will be notified by February 12, 2016
** Please follow this link to access the full application.
For more information please see the Summer Institute website