AGS Membership Benefits
American Geriatrics Society membership offers valuable benefits that help you stay abreast of clinical innovations, new research, and policy initiatives.
Are you new to AGS or need a refresher on member benefits? Learn how to make the most of your membership by taking our membership Tour.
New and Upcoming Member Resources in 2014 include:
- A Consensus Statement on Vitamin D for the Prevention of Falls and their Consequences in Older Adults.
- The Geriatrics Nursing Review Syllabus (4th edition) and GNRS teaching slides.
- The 2014 edition of Geriatrics At Your FingertipsTM (coming in May 2014). *
- A Multimorbidity Guiding Principles App for smartphones and tablets that will aid clinicians in resolving conflicting guideline recommendations in caring for medical complex older adults (coming in May 2014).
- A clinical practice guideline on post-operative delirium, under development by the AGS and the Geriatrics-for Specialits Inititative (GSI) will support from the John A. Hartford Foundation (coming Fall 2014)
- Five New Recommendations for ChoosingWisely® Campaign - a second list of five tests and treatments that older adults and their healthcare providers should question and discuss, as a part of the ABIM Foundation's Choosing Wisely® initiative.
*Members receive one complimentary print copy of Geriatrics-At-Your- Fingertips for each year of paid membership. The edition of your complimentary copy is based on your join date. New editions are released each May so if you join/renew in the first half of the year, your copy won't be mailed until May.
Many additional "members only" resources and services include:
LATEST RESEARCH ON AGING
- Subscriptions1 and online access to:
- Automatic Registration to www.GeriatricsCareOnline.org. AGS members can log into GeriatricsCareOnline.org using their MYAGS username and password, and be eligible for exclusive member discounts, as well as special member access to free site content.
- Access to MYAGS, our exclusive members-only website:
- Direct access to the JAGS
- Practice Management Toolkit
- Membership Directory
- Recertification Information
- Board & Committee Resources
- Information & Applications to get involved in AGS
- AGS's e-newsletter, AGS Week in Review covering the latest issues in Public Policy, Research, and member news
- Subscription to the AGS newsletter (quarterly print publication)
- Complimentary copy of Geriatrics At Your Fingertips
DISCOUNTS ON PROGRAMS AND PRODUCTS TO ENHANCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
- AGS has done the research for you and negotiated a member discount to Complete Practice Resources' ICD-10 Toolkit & Software.
- Reduced registration for the AGS Annual Scientific Meeting, and opportunities to participate in activities at the meeting
- Networking opportunities with over 6,000 physicians and other health care professionals, and access to up-to-date member contact information via the online Membership Directory
- Opportunity to join special membership committees, sections, and special interest groups focusing on specific areas in geriatrics
ADVOCACY ON YOUR BEHALF
- Representation in Washington: Through the AGS Washington Office, the AGS works closely with federal government and other health related organizations to help shape public policy
- AGS' Career Connection for job seekers and employers
- Award programs that recognize outstanding accomplishments in teaching, research, patient care, preventive medicine, public and community service
- Eligibility for Fellowship Status , placing members in a recognized group of healthcare providers who are dedicated to continuing education in geriatrics, teaching and research
- Opportunity to participate in the Health in Aging Foundation Geriatrics Healthcare Professional Referral Service. Members can participate in the service by opting in on MyAGS or contacting the AGS Membership Department.