AGS Membership Benefits
American Geriatrics Society membership offers valuable benefits that help you stay abreast of clinical innovations, new research, and policy initiatives.
Are you new to AGS or need a refresher on member benefits? Learn how to make the most of your membership by taking our membership Tour.
New and Upcoming Member Resources in 2015 include:
- The 2015 edition of Geriatrics At Your Fingertips™ (coming in May 2015). *
- Updates to the Geriatrics Evaluation & Management Tool, including several brand new topics. AGS Members receive free access to the online edition.
- A Multimorbidity Guiding Principles App & Online Toolkit that will aid clinicians in resolving conflicting guideline recommendations in caring for medical complex older adults (coming in May 2015).
- The AGS 2015 Updated Beers Criteria
- Release of an online educational program for healthcare providers and the public about older driver safety (Fall 2015)
- Release of Geriatrics Care by Design; a clinician’s online handbook to meet the needs of older adults through environmental and practice redesign
- Updated Recommendations for ChoosingWisely® List – tests and treatments that older adults and their healthcare providers should question and discuss as part of the ABIM Foundation’s ChoosingWisely® initiative.
*Members receive one complimentary print copy of Geriatrics-At-Your- Fingertips for each year of paid membership. The edition of your complimentary copy is based on your join date. New editions are released each May so if you join/renew in the first half of the year, your copy won't be mailed until May.
Many additional "members only" resources and services include:
LATEST RESEARCH ON AGING
- Subscriptions1 and online access to:
- Access to MYAGS, our exclusive members-only website:
- Direct access to JAGS and other AGS Journals, Geriatrics Evaluation & Management Tools, members discounts on books and online texts, as well as clinical guidelines and recommendations through GeriatricsCareOnline.org
- Membership Directory
- AGS News and Updates
- Board & Committee Resources
- Information & Applications to get involved in AGS
- AGS's e-newsletter, AGS Week in Review covering the latest issues in Public Policy, Research, and member news
- Subscription to the AGS newsletter (quarterly print publication)
- Complimentary copy of Geriatrics At Your Fingertips
DISCOUNTS ON PROGRAMS AND PRODUCTS TO ENHANCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
- Reduced registration for the AGS Annual Scientific Meeting, and opportunities to participate in activities at the meeting
- Networking opportunities with over 6,000 physicians and other health care professionals, and access to up-to-date member contact information via the online Membership Directory
- Opportunity to join special membership committees, sections, and special interest groups focusing on specific areas in geriatrics
ADVOCACY ON YOUR BEHALF
- Representation in Washington: Through the AGS Washington Office, the AGS works closely with federal government and other health related organizations to help shape public policy
- AGS' Career Connection for job seekers and employers
- Award programs that recognize outstanding accomplishments in teaching, research, patient care, preventive medicine, public and community service
- Eligibility for Fellowship Status , placing members in a recognized group of healthcare providers who are dedicated to continuing education in geriatrics, teaching and research
- Opportunity to participate in the Health in Aging Foundation Geriatrics Healthcare Professional Referral Service. Members can participate in the service by opting in on MyAGS or contacting the AGS Membership Department.