AGS Refer A Colleague Program
Tell your colleagues about the benefits of being an AGS Member! Reward incentives are available for AGS Members who recruit a colleague to join the AGS.*
Membership growth allows for increased awareness and helps with our mission of improving the health, independence and quality of life of all older people. Share your knowledge about the AGS and the value of your membership. You will receive recognition for promoting the Society and your colleague will experience the benefits of being an AGS member firsthand.
- Receive $50 off your next membership dues payment for every new Physician or Other Health Care Provider Member you recruit
- Receive $25 off your next membership dues payment for every new paid Trainee Member (Fellow In Training, Resident or Student) you recruit
*To be considered a "recruited" Member, your colleague must:
- Be a NEW member purchasing a full-priced Physician, Other Healthcare Provider or Trainee Membership. Previous AGS members that have lapsed 5 years or more also qualify.
- Complete the referral line of the membership application with the full name of the person who has “recruited” them
- Submit a membership application, along with full payment
Contact the AGS Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-247-4779 for recruitment materials.
Tips on How to Refer a Colleague:
- Tell the individual about the AGS mission and goals, and the strategies we use to achieve our vision.
- Identify the individual's specific needs and areas of interest that the many AGS membership services and opportunities could address.
- Tell the individual about how being an AGS member has benefitted you personally.
- Encourage the individual to think about joining the Society or attending the Annual Scientific Meeting. Offer to send him or her more information, obtained from the AGS Membership Department.
- Give the individual specific information about applying and ask him or her to complete the referral section if they decide to follow through.
Contact the individual after some time to find out if they have any questions. Thank them if they joined or restate your reasons for supporting the Society.