NIA Impact Collaboratory
The HCS Scholars program offers researchers an opportunity to partner with healthcare systems to develop embedded pragmatic trials (ePCTs) focused on improving the care provided to people living with dementia (PLWD) and their care partners (CPs). The program funds researchers to partner with a health care system (HCS) (or organization) for 12 months to:
- Develop relationships between the researcher and HCS staff at all levels, from direct care to leaders.
- Learn about the HCS: about staff-identified needs for PLWD and CPs; about systems, workflow, and data; and about how HCS implement programs.
- Engage HCS staff in exploring ways to improve and/or evaluate dementia care and in learning more about what it means to conduct ePCTs in their setting(s).
- Co-develop a research proposal for an IMPACT Pilot or Demonstration project (or other similar NIA funding mechanism) to improve the care of PLWD and CP.
In this cycle, the IMPACT Collaboratory will fund up to 2 awards for a maximum of $120,000 in direct costs. This opportunity is available to investigators at all levels. Applicants from under-represented racial and ethnic groups and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are expected to apply with a HCS partner and should hold a faculty or research scientist position at an academic institution or work within a HCS.
Priority will be given to applications including HCSs that:
- Provide care to underrepresented populations (e.g., minorities, rural communities), and/or
- Are new to the IMPACT Collaboratory and have not already partnered with the network.
Applicants should email Rachel.J.Hays@kp.org if unsure whether a HCS is new to the IMPACT Collaboratory.
An optional informational webinar on Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 1pm ET will provide potential applicants with a program overview and application details. Potential applicants will have the opportunity to ask questions. Pre-registration is required. The webinar will be recorded and posted online.
A set of frequently asked questions (FAQ) regarding this program are available at https://impactcollaboratory.org/HCS-Scholars-faq/. The FAQ will be updated by Monday, November 21, 2022.
Informational webinar (Optional)
Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 1pm ET: Register here for webinar.
Letters of Intent (LOI) Due – Required
Interested applicants are required to submit an LOI. LOIs are accepted on a rolling basis through: December 19, 2022 @ 5pm ET
Full Applications Due – By invitation only
March 13, 2023 @ 5pm ET