The 2019 application will be available in Fall 2019. In the meantime, please review information about the 2018 cycle below.
Your application should include:
- A completed application form. To request an application form, please email email@example.com.
- A nomination letter from your Department Chair/Dean, with a statement that includes the commitment to protected time and institutional monetary match. Dean and Chair letters of support should endorse a candidate’s application and include a specific commitment of protected time in total (NIA and Supplemental Match).
- A letter from your Geriatrics Mentor, selected based on the following criteria:
- A research mentor, with a successful research background.
- A mentor, drawn from your specialty with an understanding of professional development pathways in that specialty, who will help guide your career planning and provide access to organizations, programs, and colleagues helpful to your efforts.
- A geriatrician mentor from your institution who can provide guidance on your development as an aging researcher and educator.
- A statement of your professional development plan (no more than four pages, double-spaced, 12-point font, 1” margins). Your plan should outline your strategy for being actively involved with your geriatrics mentor. The career development plan should also take into account the guidance provided by the NIA in the GEMSSTAR RFA. Please indicate what you hope to learn from participating in the JCDA Program.
- A line-item budget.
- A copy of your application to the NIA GEMSSTAR program in response to the RFA.