AGS Fellow Status (AGSF) is awarded to AGS members who have demonstrated a professional commitment to geriatrics, contributed to the progress of geriatrics care, and are active participants in the Society's activities. AGS Fellows join a specially recognized group of healthcare providers who are dedicated to geriatrics education, clinical care, and research, as well as to their own continuing professional development. Fellows have distinguished themselves among their colleagues, as well as in their communities and in the Society by their service. Their dedication and longstanding commitment to AGS is recognized by this mark of distinction.
You are eligible to apply for AGS Fellow if you are currently an active member of the AGS and have been for at least 5 years*, have attended at least 3 Annual Meetings and accrue at least 30 points** on the online application. Points in the application are accrued based on activities/experience in the following areas :
- Certification & Recertification
- AGS activities including annual meetings, CE meetings sponsored by the AGS or AGS Affiliates, and volunteer activities
- Publications & Research
- Speaker Events
- Public Service
Applications are due March 15th and September 15th by 11:59 PM EST.
To be considered as an AGS Fellow, an applicant must submit a completed application package, including:
- Complete the AGS Fellowship Application form. Complete only the items that apply. An applicant must accrue 30 points as defined by the application; applicants with less than 30 points will not be considered for fellowship.
- Provide two letters of recommendation by members of the Society in good standing (members for at least three years, AGS Fellows encouraged) endorsing the applicant's advancement to AGS Fellows.
- Submit a one-time $150 application fee via check made out to the American Geriatrics Society. If the application is not approved, this one-time fee will be applied to future applications.
Submit completed application to:
Hoon Jason Park
Senior Coordinator, Membership
American Geriatrics Society
40 Fulton St., 18th Floor
New York, NY 10038
T: (212) 308-1414
F: (212) 832-8646
* - Individuals are still considered eligible with a six month or less membership lapse within those five years.
** - Applicants should complete the application form to determine their point score prior to submitting their application and fee. Applicants with less than 30 points will not be considered for fellowship.
AGS Fellowship Recognition
Members elected to Fellow status are granted the privilege of using the initials “AGSF” after their name and are honored during the AGS Members Business Meeting at the AGS Annual Meeting in May. AGSF members are also recognized with a badge on their MyAGSOnline profile and a bio page on the AGSF section of the AGS website.