This and every week, we're thankful for our nurse members and all of our healthcare professional members who work toward high-quality, person-centered care for us all as we age.
Celebrate using the #NursesWeek hashtag, and learn more about the history of Nurses Week here.
Spotlight on #AGS17: San Antonio is Just Days Away!
Who's ready for three days of learning, networking, and celebrating? We sure are! Come join us deep in the heart of Texas for an Annual Scientific Meeting and an AGS 75th anniversary you'll never forget. Here are some quick links to everything you need for #AGS17:
- Register here and visit the #AGS17 website here
- Check out the online program schedule (or download a PDF version)
- Access the 2017 research abstracts
- Request a song for the 75th Anniversary Reception
- Review tips for making the most out of your meeting
- Read about the #AGS17 award recipients
- Bookmark the #AGS17 Twitter Correspondents list (and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be added!)
- Take a sneak peek at the 2017 edition of Geriatrics at Your Fingertips, which will be available with a discount at the #AGS17 Marketplace
- Make a donation to the Health in Aging Foundation to help trainees attend our Annual Scientific Meetings
- Visit the #IAmGeriatrics store and show up for sessions in style!
Have a question about #AGS17? Ask us at email@example.com or 212-308-1414.
Here's What's Trending on MyAGSOnline
- Are you a seasoned AGS Annual Scientific Meeting attendee? Share advice on making the most of the conference (and check out an awesome tip sheet) here...
- Have some time in your #AGS17 schedule? Want to learn something new or connect with people interested in the same topics as you? Check out a SIG meeting! Some examples of topics to choose from are:
- How do you help older adults who give up their drivers' licenses voluntarily? Share your thoughts here...
Congratulations to this week's most active members: Scott Snyder, MD; Delia Takagi, MD; Priya Mendiratta, MD, MPH, AGSF; and Denise Mohess, MD. Thank you for your contributions!
From the Kaiser Family Foundation: Medicare's Role in End-of-Life Care
2017 CEDARTREE-NIDUS Delirium Boot Camp: Call for Applications
The Center of Excellence for Delirium in Aging: Research, Training, and Educational Enhancement (CEDARTREE), in collaboration with the Network for Investigation of Delirium across the United States (NIDUS), will be hosting a three-day intensive course on delirium research, Nov. 1-3 at the Inn at Longwood Medical in Boston, MA. Recognized experts in the field will discuss cutting-edge research approaches, from assessment and methodology to novel technologies and interventions. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with world-renowned experts in delirium and related fields. Applications are due Fri., Jun. 23. Learn more.
Celebrating Older Americans Month
May is Older Americans Month. Wiley (publisher for the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society ), in collaboration with the AGS, STTI Sigma Theta Tau International, and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, supports research on healthy aging and has compiled a special collection of free research articles on older adult well-being. The collection addresses:
Things We Like: NIA Clinical Trials Tool
Have you checked out the clinical trials search tool from the National Institute on Aging? Access the search now to learn more about research on caregiving, medications, and other issues impacting older adults.