The American Geriatrics Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Professional Education Executive Committee (PEEC) has developed the following implementation procedures to guide the planning process and ensure the quality of each AGS educational activity. The PEEC referenced the overarching AGS Guideines for Corporate Relationships when developing these implementation procedures. These policies comply with the ACCME Essential Areas and Elements, including the 2004 Updated Standards for Commercial Support.
Learn more below about...
- Continuing Professional Education Mission and Goals Statement
- Education Planning
- Independence of Decision-Making for All Steps of the Educational Process
- Disclosure by All Individuals Who Can Influence Content
- Resolution of Conflict of Interest
- Review of Promotional and Programmatic Materials
- Industry Support
- Guidelines for Corporate Relationships
- AGS Financial Disclosure
- Policy for Public Health Service-Funded Projects