To improve the health, independence, and quality of life of all older people.
Our Vision for the Future
We are all able to contribute to our communities and maintain our health, safety, and independence as we age; and older people have access to high-quality, person-centered care informed by geriatrics principles.
Strategies for Achieving Our Vision
- Expanding the geriatrics knowledge base through disseminating basic, clinical, and health services research focused on the health of older people.
- Increasing the number of healthcare professionals employing geriatrics principles when caring for culturally diverse older persons by supporting the integration of geriatrics concepts into health professional education.
- Recruiting healthcare professional trainees into geriatrics by focusing on the rewards and potential of a career caring for older people.
- Advocating for public policy that promotes the health and independence of older Americans, with the goal of improving health, quality of life, and healthcare systems serving us all as we age.
- Creating awareness about the ways geriatrics can support older people remaining active, independent, and engaged in our communities.