The University of California San Francisco and the Johns Hopkins University Divisions of Geriatric Medicine
The University of California San Francisco and the Johns Hopkins University Divisions of Geriatric Medicine are pleased to present the inaugural Innovations in Geriatrics Education Showcase. The virtual Showcase will consist of oral presentations competitively selected through peer review and opportunities for networking. Its purpose is to advance geriatrics education by presenting innovations, stimulating a national dialogue around education-related inquiry/scholarship, and highlighting thought leaders in geriatrics education across the learner spectrum. Projects for submission could include, among others, education research, curricular or assessment innovations, and systematic reviews of topical issues in geriatrics education. Priority will be given to projects that include multiple institutions, outcomes data, or randomization.
Date and Time: October 26, 2022 1-3pm PST/4-6pm EST
- All activities will occur via Zoom.
- Presentations: Three abstracts will be selected via a peer review process for oral presentation. Authors will be invited to prepare a 20-minute presentation, including time for Q+A. Maximum of two presenters per abstract presentation.
- Networking: A one hour networking session with attendees and presenters will follow the presentations.
- Submissions must have relevance to geriatrics education
- Faculty from all health professions are encouraged to apply
- If already published in any form, the presentation must clearly build upon the published work by indicating new works in progress describing its application and extension
- Authors must be available to virtually present and attend the networking session on October 26, 2022
Authors will be notified of decisions via email by July 1, 2022.
Please direct questions to Josette.Rivera@ucsf.edu