Thank you for your interest in linking to the American Geriatrics Society (AGS) and/or the AGS Health in Aging Foundation (HiAF) Website(s). Our Websites provide information for patients, caregivers, volunteers, consumers and healthcare professionals as part of the AGS' and HiAF's mission to help improve the health, independence and quality of life for all older people.
The American Geriatrics Society and the AGS Health in Aging Foundation (collectively, "Society") encourage organizations to link to the Society's Website(s).
Linking TO the American Geriatrics Society and AGS Health in Aging Foundation
Please refer to and use the following guidelines when setting up a link to the American Geriatrics Society and AGS Health in Aging Foundation Web Sites.
The Society does NOT endorse companies, products or services, and strictly prohibits any suggestion of endorsement, recommendation, or superiority of one company, product or service over another company, product or service.
- The Society does not allow framing of its Web site(s). When setting up a link to the Society's Web site(s), the Society's site should open in a new Web browser window rather than displaying the pages in a frame of the linking site's Web template.
- Links directly to the Society's Websites should be text-only and you may not use the Society's stylized logo as a link, as our logo(s) cannot be shown on your site.
- You may use one of these lead-in sentences with your text link to the Society's Web sites:
- The American Geriatrics Society (AGS) is a not-for-profit organization of over 6,000 health professionals devoted to improving the health, independence and quality of life of all older people.
- The AGS Health in Aging Foundation (HiAF) is a national non-profit organization established in 1999 by The American Geriatrics Society. We aim to build a bridge between the research and practice of Geriatrics and the Public, and to advocate on behalf of older adults and their special health care needs.
The Society does not allow other Web sites to copy and reuse information or material(s) from the Society's Websites unless there is a legal agreement in place which directly grants that other website or organization to do so.
Exception: The exception to this rule is when a legal agreement is in place which directly specifies that a logo can be used on another party's Website. The logo must be accompanied by a proclaimer that explains the nature of the American Geriatrics Society's and/or AGS Health in Aging Foundation's relationship with the other party. However, the logo(s) itself cannot be used as a link - the logo(s) can be on the Web site but the link itself must be text only. In addition, the logo use must conform to our Branding Guidelines and any requirement set out in a written agreement.
Linking FROM the American Geriatrics Society and AGS Health in Aging Foundation Web Sites
When the Society's Web sites include links to other sites, the Society does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communications or materials available at the sites to which it links, including responsibility or liability for their accuracy. No link on the Society's Website is a referral or endorsement of either the linked-to entity or any product or service. Such links are provided for convenience only.
- The Society does not provide links from the Society's Website(s) to external sites of for-profit entities (.com suffix) except as specified by a pre-existing sponsorship agreement/contract, partnership or other contractual business relationship.
These links to a for-profit entity from the AGS/HiAF Web site must abide by a two-click rule. This means that the first link goes to a "jump page" that explains the relationship between AGS/HiAF and the other party
- Requests for linkages to educational (.edu), governmental (.gov) or non-profit (.org) websites are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.