The American Geriatrics Society has contracted with MGILists, the Association List Company, to exclusively handle all facets of its member list rental program. Please refer all list inquiries, count requests and list orders to:
Senior List Operations Manager, MGI List Division
Marketing General Incorporated
Promoting CME Activities
The mailing list may be purchased for one-time use to organizations requesting to promote CME activity to AGS members. Please include your contact information, the mailing date and a complete sample of the mailing piece. No reference to AGS can be made within the promotional materials without prior AGS approval.
Other Promotional Mailings
A mailing list may be provided at the rate set forth in these guidelines to organizations and individuals requesting them for the purpose of marketing a program, product or service. However, before a mailing list is made available to such organizations and individuals, the proposed mailing piece must be submitted to AGS for review. The decision as to whether a mailing list will be provided shall be determined solely on the basis of whether:
- The mailing piece promotes an educational program, product or service which reasonably can be expected to be of interest to AGS members by virtue of its relevance to the clinical and socioeconomic practice of medicine,
- The mailing piece is tastefully designed and does not make claims that have no basis in fact, and
- To the best of the AGS's knowledge, the sponsor of the mailing piece is reputable and can be expected to provide the service or product promoted in the mailing piece.
A mailing list may be provided at the rate set forth in these guidelines to organizations and individuals requesting them for the purpose of involving AGS members in surveys and research projects. However, before a mailing list is made available to such organizations and individuals, the proposed mailing piece as well as the proposed survey instrument must be submitted to the AGS for review.
The decision as to whether a mailing list shall be provided for such surveys or research projects shall be determined solely on the basis of the following guidelines:
- The request must be made from a reputable person or organization.
- The survey instrument must be designed to produce valid and reliable results. It must be pre-tested.
- The request must clearly state the objectives of the study and indicate the use to be made of the results. If results are to be published, the participants in the study are to be informed.
- The potential results should significantly add to the body of knowledge in the medical field, particularly geriatric medicine, and have a positive benefit for AGS members
- Permission to use the mailing list for a research/survey project in no way implies endorsement by the AGS for the study.
The AGS will not sell its mailing list for telephone, facsimile or electronic mail solicitations.