Membership for a full-time health professional, medical, or nursing student in geriatrics/gerontology.
- Free – Join Now
As an AGS Student you will gain access to benefits that help you advance your career and gain insights into clinical care and innovations in geriatrics. Select the benefit categories to learn more.
Interested in starting an AGS Student Chapter at your local institution? Email Brooke McPherson, Communication Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Community & Connections
MyAGSOnline - exclusive access to the AGS Online Community allows you to:
- connect with over 5,000 members
- ask questions, get advice and share insights
- easily access member benefits
- edit & maintain your membership profile
- access the AGS Membership Directory
Mentoring Opportunities - participate in the AGS Mentoring program and be paired with an experienced geriatrics healthcare provider who can offer you advice on your education, future career and networking opportunities
Student Chapters - join a student chapter or start your own for networking and educational activities. See the full list of student chapters in the drop-down below.
Sections and Special Interest Groups - - AGS Student members are automatically enrolled in the AGS Student Section and also can join any other of the many special interest groups and collaborate with your colleagues on your specific topics of interest
State Affiliates - the AGS has local chapters in 26 states across the US. Join your local state affiliate and get involved at the local level.
AGS Week in Review Electronic Newsletter & Quarterly Print Newsletters - receive updates on public policy, research and member news.
Publication Subscriptions - keep abreast of the latest research and updates in Geriatrics with your free subscription to:
Geriatrics Evaluation & Management Toolkit - receive a free subscription to these clinical templates covering over 20 topics.
Clinical Guidelines & Recommendations - access evidence-based clinical guidelines, policies and recommendations.
Patient Handouts - print and share easy-to-understand resources with patients and caregivers.
Discounts on Meetings
GeriatricsCareOnline - your one-stop online resource to accessing free member resources and using your member discounts to purchase comprehensive content and topic-specific bundles of information tailored to meet your specific needs.
Annual Scientific Meeting - use your member discount of up to $95 and choose from over 70+ sessions at this premier educational event in geriatrics.
Representation in Washington - the AGS advocates on your behalf to improve healthcare for older adults.
Advocacy Center - lend your voice to AGS advocacy efforts and reach out to your elected officials using the online AGS Advocacy Center.
Advocacy Updates - stay up-to-date on important campaigns and legislation with these updates emailed to you.
Career Advancement & Recognition
AGS Career Connections - promote or find high quality career opportunities in geriatrics.
Virtual Career Fair - hosted annually by AGS Career Connections, this career fair comes to you in a convenient virtual setting. Chat with employers via text, audio, or video call.
AGS Awards Programs- apply or nominate a colleague for an AGS Award. Awards provide recognition for great accomplishments in geriatrics.
Leadership Opportunities - apply for a Board or Committee position, and work together with the AGS to help advance the mission of the AGS and the field of geriatrics.
AGS Student Chapters
- Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Dominican University of California
- Duke University School of Medicine
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida State University
- Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- New York University School of Medicine
- Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Pacific Northwest University
- Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Stony Brook School of Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University
- Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Buffalo
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- University of Colorado
- University of Connecticut
- University of Kansas Medical Center - Kansas City Campus
- University of Kansas Medical Center - Wichita Campus
- University of Maine
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of Missouri
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine at Chapel Hill
- University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Rochester School of Medicine
- University of Utah School of Medicine
- University of Vermont
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Virgina Commonwealth University
- Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Yale School of Medicine