Invest in yourself.. compare paid and free e-membership options below:
Membership for a full-time health professional, medical, or nursing student in geriatrics/gerontology.
As an AGS Student you will gain access to benefits that help you advance your career and gain insights into clinical care and innovations in geriatrics. Select the benefit categories to learn more and view the chart below to compare paid and free e-membership options.
Interested in starting an AGS Student Chapter at your local institution? Email Lauren Kopchik, Senior Membership Communication Coordinator at email@example.com for details.
Community & Connections
MyAGSOnline - exclusive access to the AGS Online Community allows you to:
- connect with over 5,000 members
- ask questions, get advice and share insights
- easily access member benefits
- edit & maintain your membership profile
- access the AGS Membership Directory
Mentoring Opportunities - participate in the AGS Mentoring program and be paired with an experienced geriatrics healthcare provider who can offer you advice on your education, future career and networking opportunities
Student Chapters - join a student chapter or start your own for networking and educational activities. See the full list of student chapters in the drop-down below.
Sections and Special Interest Groups - - AGS Student members are automatically enrolled in the AGS Student Section and also can join any other of the many special interest groups and collaborate with your colleagues on your specific topics of interest
State Affiliates - the AGS has local chapters in 26 states across the US. Join your local state affiliate and get involved at the local level.
Journal & Clinical Tools
Journal Subscriptions - keep abreast of the latest research and updates in Geriatrics with your free subscription to:
Geriatrics At Your Fingertips* - receive a free copy of the annually updated reference providing quick, easy access to information you need to make decisions about the care of older adults.
Geriatrics Evaluation & Management Toolkit - receive a free subscription to these clinical templates covering over 20 topics.
Clinical Guidelines & Recommendations - access evidence-based clinical guidelines, policies and recommendations.
Patient Handouts - print and share easy-to-understand resources with patients and caregivers.
*Members receive one complimentary print copy of Geriatrics At Your Fingertips for each year of paid membership. The edition of your complimentary copy is based on your join date. New editions are released each May so if you join/renew in the first half of the year, your copy won't will be be mailed until in May of that year.
**International members receive one year subscription for complimentary online access to Geriatrics At Your Fingertips for each year of paid membership.
Discounts on CME, Meetings, Courses, and Products, including the Geriatrics Review Syllabus (GRS)
GeriatricsCareOnline - your one-stop online resource to accessing free member resources and using your member discounts to purchase comprehensive content and topic-specific bundles of information tailored to meet your specific needs.
Annual Scientific Meeting - use your member discount of up to $95 and choose from over 70+ sessions at this premier educational event in geriatrics.
Representation in Washington - the AGS advocates on your behalf to improve healthcare for older adults.
Advocacy Center - lend your voice to AGS advocacy efforts and reach out to your elected officials using the online AGS Advocacy Center.
Advocacy Updates - stay up-to-date on important campaigns and legislation with these updates emailed to you.
Career Advancement & Recognition
AGS Career Connections - promote or find high quality career opportunities in geriatrics.
AGS Awards Programs- apply or nominate a colleague for an AGS Award. Awards provide recognition for great accomplishments in geriatrics.
Leadership Opportunities - apply for a Board or Committee position, and work together with the AGS to help advance the mission of the AGS and the field of geriatrics.
AGS Student Chapters
- Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Case Western Reserve University
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Duke University School of Medicine
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Indiana University School of Medicine
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- New York University School of Medicine
- Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Penn State College of Medicine
- Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Stony Brook School of Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center - El Paso
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center – Lubbock
- Thomas Jefferson University
- Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, San Francisco
- University of Chicago
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- University of Colorado
- University of Illinois College of Medicine
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- University of Kansas Medical Center
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of Michigan Medical School
- University of Missouri
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine at Chapel Hill
- University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- University of Rochester School of Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- University of Utah School of Medicine
- University of Washington School of Medicine
- Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Western University of Health Sciences
- West Virginia University
- Yale School of Medicine