You are eligible to apply for AGS Fellow if you are currently an active full member of the AGS and have been a member consecutively for at least 5 years*, have attended at least 3 Annual Meetings and accrue at least 30 points** on the online application. A Full AGS Member receives the complete slate of member benefits and has member voting rights within the society. Students, Residents and Fellows-in-Training memberships do not count towards the full membership year requirement, as they do not include full voting rights. Points in the application are accrued based on activities/experience in the following areas:
- Certification & Recertification (5 points max)
- AGS activities including annual meetings, CE meetings sponsored by the AGS or AGS Affiliates, and volunteer activities (41 points max)
- Publications & Research (15 points max)
- Teaching (16 points max)
- Public Service (13 points max)
Applications are due June 15th by 11:59 PM EST and November 15th by 11:59 PM EST.
To be considered as an AGS Fellow, an applicant must submit a completed application package, including:
- Complete the online AGS Fellowship Application form by scrolling down to Recognitions and Awards. Complete only the items that apply. An applicant must accrue 30 points as defined by the application; applicants with less than 30 points will not be considered for fellowship review. An applicant can download the AGS Fellowship Application questions before to help with gathering the information for the online application form.
- Provide two letters of recommendation by members of the Society in good standing (members for at least three years, AGS Fellows encouraged) endorsing the applicant's advancement to AGS Fellows. The letters can be forwarded to Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a one-time $150 application fee via online payment URL to the American Geriatrics Society. If the application is not approved, this one-time fee will be applied to future applications.
Please reach out to Jason at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding your application.
AGS Fellowship Recognition
Members elected to Fellow status are granted the privilege of using the initials “AGSF” after their name and are honored during the AGS Members Business Meeting at the AGS Annual Meeting in May. AGSF members are also recognized with a badge on their MyAGSOnline profile and a bio page on the AGSF section of the AGS website.