- Coding Primer from Geriatrics At Your Fingertips®
Geriatrics At Your Fingertips® (GAYF) is an annually updated reference that provides quick, easy access to the specific information clinicians need. Included in the updated 23rd edition is an overview of codes particularly relevant to geriatrics healthcare professionals.
- Coding Changes for 2021 Webinar
The 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Rule, which took effect on January 1, includes a number of new and revised billing codes of interest for geriatrics health professionals. The webinar covers how to utilize and bill for the following new and existing services available for payment under Medicare including: chronic care management, transitional care management, and online digital E/M services.
- COVID-19 and Updates to Telehealth Webinar
The American Geriatrics Society hosted a webinar in April 2020 presented by AGS' CPT Advisor and coding expert Dr. Robert Zorowitz, covering updates to Medicare coverage and payment for telehealth services during the COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar reviews major changes impacting geriatrics healthcare professionals as of April 7, 2020.
Industry Resources for ICD-10
On October 1, 2015, the U.S. health system transitioned the way visits are coded from ICD-9 to the next version ICD-10, a platform that sets the stage for meaningful improvements in public health. Click here for a suite of resources from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on transitioning to ICD-10.
Resources from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Medicare Wellness Visits - Quick Start Guide (October 2020)
- Advance Care Planning - Fact Sheet (October 2020)
- Advance Care Planning - FAQs
- Chronic Care Management - Medicare Learning Network Booklet (July 2019)
- Chronic Care Management - FAQs (January 2019)
- Transitional Care Management - Fact Sheet
- Transitional Care Management - FAQs