AGS leadership starts with you!
Serving on the AGS Board will not only give you the opportunity to set policy for the Society but also to assure its proper implementation.
The AGS Board manages the business and affairs of the AGS through regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings in November and May as well as two conference calls that are scheduled between the full Board meetings.
Which direction would you like to see AGS and geriatrics heading in the future? AGS Board members are often asked to be the spokesperson for the American Geriatrics Society with the media and other organizations requesting speakers from the Society’s leadership. AGS Board members also serve as expert liaisons to external groups in areas where your expertise and experience is a fit with the group.
Nominations for the Board are accepted until October 1:
Click here to nominate
A complete nominations package consists of:
- The Nominee Information Form to be completed by the Nominee
- A 2-page biographical sketch or short curriculum vitae
- Letter of support from a current or past AGS Board member
Click here for a listing of current AGS Board Members
If you have additional questions about the AGS Board and/or the nominations process, please email email@example.com.
Want to see a list of all AGS Volunteer Opportunities?
1. Log in using your member account credentials at MyAGSOnline.AmericanGeriatrics.org
2. In the blue tool bar at the top of the page, click "Get Involved at AGS" and then click "Volunteer Opportunities" from the drop-down.
3. Scroll down the page to view all volunteer opportunities and click the name of the opportunity you want to sign up for.
4. Click "Apply Today" at the top of the opportunity description.
5. Fill out the form & press "Submit."
Thank you for your interest in getting involved!